Skip to main content

This page will help guide you through the process of obtaining a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), which will then allow you to apply for a visa to study in the UK.

You must have met all your conditions of entry and have an unconditional offer before you can request a CAS number and begin the visa application process.

What is a CAS?

All students coming to the UK to study at a higher education institution (HEI) have to be ‘sponsored’ by their institution.

Trinity Laban will issue you with a CAS, which is a number linked to an electronic record of your details, that can be seen by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).

If you do not require a Student visa you should send documentary evidence to Admissions to show that this is the case (e.g. Settled/pre-settled status, ancestry visa, Permanent Leave to Remain in the UK, etc.).

If you are currently on a Student (formerly Tier 4) visa on another programme of study, you will be required to apply for a Student visa for your new programme.

Please note we will not issue a CAS for part-time study unless there is a mitigating reason, which you should discuss with Admissions.

How to obtain a CAS from Trinity Laban

You must have met all your conditions of entry and have an unconditional offer before you can request a CAS number and begin the visa application process.

Step 1  

Complete the visa questionnaire

Step 2

Prepare the following documentation, where applicable:

Academic Qualifications

Please scan and send a copy of your qualifications (as detailed on your UCAS Conservatoire offer) to Admissions.  You will require a certified translation if your original qualifications are not in English. Please check the UKVI Policy Guidance for more details.

English Language Qualifications

If you are not a citizen of a majority English-speaking country you will need to prove that you have the required English level. 

For Undergraduate/Postgraduate programmes:

Please note that we strongly encourage students to take SELT tests as outlined in the UKVI guidance where possible.

Students enrolling on Foundation programmes (or any below degree level) are required to take an IELTS for UKVI test (Academic or General Training) or one of the Secure English Language Tests (SELT) approved by the UKVI. You can only take a SELT outside the UK with one of the following providers:

For further details about English language requirements, please check here.

Financial Evidence

The UK Government details Financial Evidence requirements.

You may be required to hold sufficient funds in your bank account for 28-days before you apply for your visa. You will be required to send this to us, unless you are from an exempt country.

You should have an amount equivalent to your fees and maintenance money [Tuition fee + £12,006 (£1,334 x 9 months)].  You can find the fees for undergraduate programmes here.  Fees for postgraduate programmes are published on individual programme pages.

If you have been given a financial award by Trinity Laban, this will be deducted on your CAS from the total fee amount required.

Bank statements must to be in your name or that of your parent/guardian. For more information on bank statements format required by the UKVI and financial information, please see the UKVI Policy Guidance.


The documentation can be scanned and sent to Please ensure that the documents are high resolution pictures and are sent as attachments, rather than in the body of the email.

Step 3

Once we have received all of your documentation, we will prepare a draft of your CAS which we will send to you to review and confirm is correct. We will then issue your CAS.

Please note that we will not begin processing CAS statements until early June at the very earliest

To note:

It is important that all your documentation is provided in a timely manner, labelled, and that the scans are clear and in focus. Failure to do so will result in a delay with the processing your documentation and consequently, the issuing of your CAS statement.

We will endeavour to issue your CAS within 14 working days of having submitted all the documents requested in the correct format.

If you are already studying in the UK, you must apply for a new Student visa before enrolment in September even if your current leave doesn’t expire until after enrolment.

Term dates for your programme can be found on our website.

Please note all communications from Trinity Laban relating to your Student visa will be directly with you (the student) via email.

Once you have your CAS

You can apply for your Student visa online.

UKCISA website contains useful information about the application process, whether you are applying outside the UK or in the UK. Please check the latest version of the Student Route Guidance for up-to-date UKVI requirements.

If you have any queries regarding your visa you can contact Please state your full name and name of the programme you are applying for.

Should your visa application be unsuccessful because you did not submit all the required elements (for example,  the required financial documentation) we reserve the right to not issue a further CAS for your studies.


Useful Resources

If you are an international student, you can take a look at the following pages for additional help and advice:


Home Office